The important stuff....
By nature of our name we hate to have too many rules and regulations. However in order to protect you and your dog from any grey areas we have developed the following terms and conditions which we would encourage you to read.
By making a booking with Fun and Games Dog Training (F&G DT) you acknowledge that you have read, understood and accept the terms and conditions as detailed:
All training undertaken by F&G DT is kind, fair and reward based using positive reinforcement training methods. The method of reward based training relies on the use of high value food treats in tiny bite size amounts. Small class sizes (maximum of 8 dogs) ensure classes are fun and rewarding for both dog and owner in a relaxed environment. In the interests of safety, responsibility and welfare it is important that the following terms and conditions are noted:
1. Choke / check chains, prong collars, aversive or punitive methods and manhandling of your dog will not be allowed in class and fully discouraged for the lifetime of your dog. Flexi-leads, non pull harness that tighten around the dog & head collars are not allowed in class to avoid unnecessary discomfort or stress to other dogs and owners.
2. Owners are expected to clear up after their dogs in and around the training venue. Please therefore ensure you have sufficient supplies of poo bags etc. Please take any waste with you for disposal at home
3. Children are welcome to attend classes depending on the size of our class, but young people under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult. If your child is under the age of 5 please ensure 2 responsible adults are present – one to look after the child, and the other to look after the dog. Please check with us in advance if you would like a child to visit class.
4. All dogs must be fully vaccinated, and up to date with their flea / worming treatments.
5. If you think your dog has been exposed to a contagious disease (e.g. kennel cough), or if your bitch is in season please do not bring them to class. If your dog is unable to attend you are most welcome to come without your dog in order to keep up to date with classes.
6. If your dog is unwell or injured, please let him/her stay home and rest. We can help you catch up with your classes later when your dog has recovered.
7. It is your responsibility to ensure you attend on the correct date, time and place for the class.
8. All dogs must remain on lead (and kept away from contact with other dogs) in the class unless specifically instructed otherwise by the trainer. We normally encourage a few seconds of socialisation at the beginning and end of a class when the dogs have got to know each other.
9 We want your dog to enjoy his classes, if yours is human or dog reactive please do not book him on a course! F&G DT have the right to ask a dog to leave if it is disruptive or aggressive for the well being of all dogs & people. A behavioural session may be offered in place of the course.
10. Please remember that by UK Law your dog must wear an identity tag (we encourage UK Kennel Club criteria) and must have an identity microchip. We can easily check this for you in class if you are unsure if your dog has one and help you if he/she doesn't.
Payment: All classes, workshops and 1-2-1 lessons must be paid for in advance either via an online banking transfer, Paypal, cash or by cheque (payments by cheque are subject to an additional administration fee of £1.50 to cover bank charges) – places cannot be confirmed until payment has been made in full and failure to pay may result in your place on the course being given to another client. F&G DT does not offer reductions or refunds for missed classes, and refunds will not generally be given unless there are exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of F&G DT.
F&G DT makes every effort to ensure the safety of both clients and dogs during classes. By making a booking you are accepting that participating in an activity with dogs, children and adults poses a risk of injury to yourself and your dog, and you agree to indemnify F&G DT for all personal injury and damage to property owned by you whilst attending the classes. You also agree to make any person who accompanies you to the class aware that they are also there at their own risk.
F&G DT would like to make it clear that all vehicles, personal belongings are left entirely at the owners risk while inside or outside a venue that we may be teaching in.
F&G DT reserves the right to change content, timing, date, venue or instructor – we make every effort to ensure this does not happen but sometimes it is unavoidable (e.g. due to bad weather / illness). F&G DT undertakes to contact everyone affected by a time, date or venue change usually by text/email or Facebook at least one hour before the class or course is due to start, and all bookings will be rescheduled to an alternative date. F&G DT will not be liable for any losses, refunds or expenses arising from any unavoidable course amendment or cancellation.
F&G DT trainers are highly qualified and assistants are in training. F&G DT trainers receive ongoing training and support. In the event that your usual instructor is unwell or on annual leave F&G DT reserves the right to utilise another suitably qualified instructor in their place.
Data Protection & GDPR: The information on your booking form will only be used as a record of you and your dog, and to contact you in relation to training activities – it will not be passed on to any third parties. F&G DT may send out occasional communications usually via Facebook advising you of current courses, workshops and events – if you do not wish to receive these emails please advise F&G DT by email ()
Photo release: by agreeing to the above terms and conditions you give F&G DT permission to publish in print or digitally the likeness or image of you and your dog. You release all claims against F&G DT in respect of privacy / publicity rights, copyright ownership and publication including any claim for compensation regarding the use of the materials.